YOUR DREAM HOUSE. BUILT AFFORDABLY
SMPL makes ‘custom’ affordable because we’re architectural technologists. We plan ahead to ensure all construction details are resolved in our 3d modeling software prior to construction plans being released for permit submission and construction. This eliminates on-site headaches, and trouble shooting which in turn drives down construction timelines and costs.
We’ll create a cost-effective, resource and space-efficient design, based on your idea, by using simple geometric forms and other efficient design practices.
We’re there with you from start to finish : from that first consult on your bare piece of land, to permit approvals and contractual negotiations with the contractor – and beyond.
The steps to your new home or reno.
- Free on-site consultation. We pay you a visit, listen to your ideas, check out your land or existing home, and offer recommendations Why not book one?
- Set a fixed rate for the design services portion of the build. No expensive surprises!
- Design. We turn your ideas into floor plans, 3D models, and construction documents – complete with a certified Building Code Official (BCIN) stamp of approval.
- Applications and permits. We get this out of the way for you.
- Recommend site contractors. We know who’s good and reliable – builders, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, interior design –you name it.
- Site visits. We like to check in on construction and make sure everything is working out.
- Answer construction questions. Yours or the contractors’ – right up until your home is ready to live in.
- Want interior design services? We do that too – contact us today for more information.
What Our Clients Say:
With the expertise of SMPL Design Studio our home is even more perfect that we envisioned! SMPL was able to put exactly what we wanted on paper, and made sure everything was done to our liking along the way. Their patience and knowledge speak volumes. If we had to start all over again, SMPL would still be our first call. Thank you for bringing our dream to life!Diana Srebovic: Burlington, Ontario See the project
Want a sustainable home?
Yes, we design environmentally-friendly, resource-and-energy-efficient houses, including:
- Structurally insulated panels (SIP’s)
- Insulated concrete forms (ICF)
- Straw bale construction
- Passive and active solar systems
- Modular home construction
- Low maintenance, long-life exterior and interior finish products
- Locally sourced and manufactured finishing products for flooring, kitchens, windows, doors, siding, and roofing
Make it an effortless build
We can also help you with:
- Project feasibility. Is it doable?
- Budget guidance. Where should the money be spent?
I wanted to create an environmentally friendly home and Joel from SMPL offered endless ideas and contacts to help support that objective. He took it upon himself to source out the required trades to get my project under way.Carolyn Beck, Nelson, BC